It’s beginning to look a lot like . . . tax reform! We’re in a holiday season rush to deliver the latest employee benefits news to you in the newest episode of the Talking Benefits Podcast. Listen in as we unwrap the tax reform bills, tear into the latest ACA developments and share a few important updates on multiemployer retirement plans.
This month’s show—Episode 11: Holiday Hustle and Bustle
(Recorded December 4, 2017, 1:30 p.m. CST)
Ho, ho, ho and away we go! Talking Benefits hosts, Julie, Kelli and Justin made their list of benefits news and have checked it twice. In this episode, they deliver a flurry of updates without a moment to spare:
- Justin’s two-minute update: HHS Secretary and EBSA assistant secretary nominations, state-sponsored retirement savings programs and news on the conflict of interest/fiduciary rule
- Tax Reform: Details on the recently passed Senate bill and what must happen next for tax reform to become law
- Health care news
- CVS Health to purchase Aetna
- ACA employer mandate penalty notices—IRS Letters 226J
- MPRA news
- Office holiday celebrations—a walk down memory lane.
Resources related to this episode:
Benefits Transition Tracker—Tax Reform
ACA Strategy: Employer Shared Responsibility Payments Webcast
ACA and Play or Pay—IRS Letters 226J Are On the Way
Trustees and Administrators Institutes
Word on Benefits—Holiday Office Parties Worth Celebrating
Podcasts are portable and convenient!—Listen to now by clicking on the link above. Subscribe to Talking Benefits on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcast app for automatic updates as new episodes are released, or watch for new episodes on the International Foundation website.