News, news and MORE NEWS! The fall months have brought an exhausting amount of ACA news as well as tax reform bills from the House and the Senate, so we’ve got you covered. The Talking Benefits podcast has a rundown of everything you need to know in this month’s episode.
This month’s show—Episode 11: Never a Dull Moment
(Recorded November 15, 2017, 11:00 a.m. CST)
Does all the news have you going crazy? Step away from your dizzying news feed and let Julie, Kelli and Justin fill you in on happenings that could impact employee benefits. In just 31 minutes, you’ll be up to speed on:
- Justin’s not-quite-under-two-minute update: Opioid crisis, new HHS Secretary nomination, government-sponsored retirement savings programs and a quick MPRA update.
- ACA news
- Executive Order 13813: health reimbursement arrangements, association health plans , and short-term limited duration insurance plans
- Cost-sharing subsidies
- Employer mandate enforcement
- Paid leave and safe leave laws
- Tax reform—A comparison of the House and Senate bills and benefits potentially impacted
- True Story: A collection of true stories from our members. Enjoy!
Resources related to this episode:
The Opioid Epidemic… Is Your Workplace Prepared?
Future of ACA
Paid Leave in the Workplace Survey Results
The Results are In: Paid Leave and Flexible Working Arrangements
How to get started with podcasts—Download a podcast app to your smartphone or tablet. We recommend the Apple podcast app (Apple products only) and Stitcher. Then, search “Talking Benefits” and click “Subscribe.” The app will automatically download new episodes as they come out. Want to listen on your computer? Search “Talking Benefits” in iTunes and subscribe, or check back every month for new episodes posted on our webpage.
Subscribe to Talking Benefits on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcast app, or watch for new episodes on the International Foundation website.