The Talking Benefits podcast team is kicking off 2019 by addressing an important issue facing our country and, in turn, our workplaces and employee benefit plans—mental health. Since it’s such a broad topic with many aspects, a three-part series will take place over the next few months, focusing on different mental health-related topics, including stress and addiction.
This month, the team discusses mental and emotional health, potential barriers to treatment, ways employers can help workers in crisis and how to facilitate their return to work.
The episode features expertise from Randy Kratz, Senior Account Manager with FEI Behavioral Health, a workforce resiliency organization that provides EAP, crisis management and workplace violence prevention services.
Randy addresses questions like “What can employers do to help fight the negative stigmas that are connected to mental illness” and “What are signs that a person needs mental health care or is in an emotional crisis?”
This is an episode you won’t want to miss.
Subscribe Today! Subscribe to Talking Benefits on iTunes, Stitcher or wherever you get your podcasts for automatic updates as new episodes are released, or watch for new episodes on the International Foundation website.
Social Media and Communications Associate at the International Foundation
The Latest from Word on Benefits:
- Where We Are Now: Special Financial Assistance Under the American Rescue Plan Act
- Education Benefits for Recruiting and Building Talent
- It’s Coming—The End of the COVID-19 Emergencies
- Legal & Legislative Reporter: Third Party Administrator Liable for Violation of ACA Antidiscrimination Provision
- Rethinking Gender: How Benefit Plans, Sponsors and Trustees Can—And Must—Adapt