As some employees are getting called back to the workplace, employers need to consider new stressors that workers have been experiencing (health and safety fears, changes in work-life demands, etc.). The team tackled strategies and solutions for dealing with this impact.
By tuning in, you’ll learn ways to create a psychologically safe workplace for employees. These approaches include destigmatizing mental health, improving benefits communication, encouraging leaders to promote self-care and finding ways for employees to connect—to name a few.
I know that workplaces across the country have all been dealing with different challenges as a result of the coronavirus pandemic—I hope this episode will equip you with a few ideas for how to support your employees during this transitional time.
And if you missed the last episode Talking COVID-19 Impact on Health Plans, catch it here.
We love to hear from Talking Benefits listeners!
Take our short listener survey so we can hear what you think about the podcast and what you’d like us to cover in future episodes. You’ll be entered for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card just for filling out the survey.
Don’t miss a single episode!
Subscribe to Talking Benefits on iTunes, Stitcher or wherever you get your podcasts for automatic updates as new episodes are released, or watch for new episodes on the International Foundation website.
Learn More About the Impact of the Coronavirus on the Workplace
Tune into the recorded event COVID-19 Return to the Workplace Strategies Virtual Conference to learn more about the challenges of returning to the post-COVID workplace.
Visit the International Foundation Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources page to find even more information for plan sponsors.
Register now for these upcoming events:
- Preparing Your Organization for the Next Crisis | Virtual Conference | July 16, 2020
- Supporting Employees With Social Isolation and Post-Traumatic Stress Injury (PTSI) | Free Member Webcast | July 15, 2020
- Resilience in Crisis: Tools for Employers to Help | Free Member Webcast | July 23, 2020.
Communications Associate at the International Foundation
The latest from Word on Benefits:
- New Mental Health Parity Guidance: More Clarity, But More Compliance Obligations
- Legal & Legislative Reporter: Medical Provider May Not Bring Claim on Behalf of Participants and Beneficiaries
- Five Steps to Nurture Belonging in the Workplace
- Navigating Uncertainty
- DOL Guidance on Mental Health Parity: Proposed Rules for NQTL Comparative Analyses