Each month on Talking Benefits, I join Julie Stich, Kelli Kolsrud and Justin Held, International Foundation benefits nerdthusiasts, to discuss a trending employee benefits topic we think the benefits world wants to know more about.
As 2019 wraps up, the team took a look into the big employee benefits happenings of the past year and made predictions for what the industry might be buzzing about in 2020.
Our top five employee benefits developments of 2019 include:
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA)—We’re heading to the courtroom!
- Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs)—New regulations, and what’s an ICHRA anyway?
- Mental Health Benefits and Parity—It’s time to talk about mental health and address the stigma
- The Growth of Worker Perks—How employers are recruiting new workers in this tight labor market
- State Actions—States are reacting in response to federal gridlock.
Tune in to find out how these topics impacted the benefits industry this year and where everything stands as we embark on a new year ahead. We also shared our 2020 watch list of potential new developments—It’s worth a listen so you know what to keep an eye on for future industry disrupters. Be sure to subscribe to Talking Benefits to hear more in the new year!
We love to hear from Talking Benefits listeners!
Take our short listener survey so we can hear what you think about the podcast and what you’d like us to cover in future episodes. You’ll be entered for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card just for filling out the survey.
Don’t miss a single episode!
Subscribe to Talking Benefits on iTunes, Stitcher or wherever you get your podcasts for automatic updates as new episodes are released, or watch for new episodes on the International Foundation website.
Social Marketing and Communications Strategist at the International Foundation
The latest from Word on Benefits:
- New Mental Health Parity Guidance: More Clarity, But More Compliance Obligations
- Legal & Legislative Reporter: Medical Provider May Not Bring Claim on Behalf of Participants and Beneficiaries
- Five Steps to Nurture Belonging in the Workplace
- Navigating Uncertainty
- DOL Guidance on Mental Health Parity: Proposed Rules for NQTL Comparative Analyses