Forget the cats and dogs—This month it’s been raining new paid family leave laws, fiduciary rule oral arguments, health care reform changes and MPRA approvals! While the International Foundation strives to be a little more accurate than the local weather reporter, we were inundated with a monsoon of news right after we posted last month’s podcast. It’s like the storm came before the calm this month, so this episode of Talking Benefits has a whirlwind of topics to cover. Hold onto your hats.
This month’s show—Episode 8: The Storm Before the Calm
(Recorded August 7, 1:00 p.m. CST)
This severe weather warning is not a test. Take cover as you tune into a new episode . . . Julie, Kelli, Justin and a special guest heat things up with a discussion on these benefits issues:
- Justin’s “two-minute” update
- New! Foundations From the Foundation—Get back to basics with these mini benefit lessons
- Health Care Reform update
- Congressional happenings after the July 4 recess
- Cost-sharing subsidies
- House v. Price legal case
- Availability of exchange coverage
- Multiemployer Pension Reform Act (MPRA) approvals
- Financial status of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC)
- True Story—Our special guest catches an employee “red-handed” for fraud.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
– International Foundation Benefits Transition Tracker
– 36th Annual ISCEBS Employee Benefits Symposium
– Fraud Prevention Institute for Employee Benefit Plans
Podcast Newbie? It’s easy to start listening! Download a podcast app to your smartphone or tablet. We recommend the Apple podcast app (Apple products only) and Stitcher. Then, search “Talking Benefits” and click “Subscribe.” The app will automatically download new episodes as they come out. Want to listen on your computer? Search “Talking Benefits” in iTunes and subscribe, or check back every month for new episodes posted on our webpage.
Subscribe to Talking Benefits on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcast app, or watch for new episodes on the International Foundation website.
Communications Associate at the International Foundation