Just like the rest of the world, the coronavirus pandemic has impacted our workflow at the International Foundation, and my fellow hosts and I found it necessary to take a brief hiatus from the Talking Benefits podcast to regroup a bit. Now we’re BACK and broadcasting from our home offices turned recording studios to bring you the first in a series of shorter episodes covering the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on workplaces.
In this episode, the team tackled a few different aspects of how the pandemic has impacted workplace retirement programs. Volatile market conditions have organizations and individuals reviewing their financial options. At the same time, these conditions have led to interruptions in employment, as employers contemplate and implement furloughs, hiring freezes, hour reductions and even layoffs.
By tuning in, you’ll learn about changes to defined contribution (DC) retirement plans and how workers are changing their behavior and contributions due to the pandemic. We also spent time digging into The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act provisions related to DC retirement plans. Listen now!
The Talking Benefits team recording from their home offices.
We love to hear from Talking Benefits listeners!
Take our short listener survey so we can hear what you think about the podcast and what you’d like us to cover in future episodes. You’ll be entered for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card just for filling out the survey.
Don’t miss a single episode!
Subscribe to Talking Benefits on iTunes, Stitcher or wherever you get your podcasts for automatic updates as new episodes are released, or watch for new episodes on the International Foundation website.
Learn More About the Impact of the Coronavirus on the Workplace
Visit the International Foundation Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources page to find information for plan sponsors, including these upcoming free member webcasts:
- Integrating Impact Investing With the Pension Investment Process | June 10, 2020
- Apprenticeship Program Challenges During COVID-19 |June 11, 2020
- Risk Assessments in Public Sector Pension Plans | June 16, 2020
Communications Associate at the International Foundation
The latest from Word on Benefits:
- Finally—Additional Relief for Dependent Care Assistance Programs Due to COVID-19
- Can Canadian Employers Require Employees to Join a Group Benefit Plan?
- Three Important Steps on Your Diversity and Inclusion Journey
- The State of Multiemployer Health Plans: 10 Takeaways
- “What Is an Apprenticeship Agreement?” and Other Questions for Your Plan