As we wrap up the year, we’re taking a look back at our Word on Benefits top posts of 2019. A lot has happened in the employee benefits industry this year! Here’s a list of our most popular stories of 2019.
And a special thanks to all our loyal readers! We’re excited to bring you even more great content in 2020!
Here’s what your peers were reading this past year:
A dependent turning 26 can raise all sorts of questions for an employee. This post gets you ready for their most common questions.
ACA is still law, and employers must comply with its provisions, including filing forms 1094 and 1095. Here are the IRS deadlines for 2020.
Employers seeking cost savings are implementing spousal carve-outs and surcharges. Here’s what you need to know about the growing trend.
Although employees have received 1095s for several years, many still have questions. This post’s answers can help relieve the confusion.
COBRA interaction with account-based plans can be complex. Check out these FAQs about how COBRA interacts with HSAs, HRAs and FSAs.
On June 13, 2019, a final rule was issued to expand the flexibility and use of HRAs. This three-part series explains what employers need to know about ICHRAs, Excepted Benefit HRAs, and how ICHRAs can satisfy the employer mandate and nondiscrimination rules.
Multiemployer pension plan developments made headlines throughout 2019. Many of you were watching the Butch Lewis Act and the Proposed Multiemployer Pension Recapitalization and Reform Plan.
Wondering if self-funding might be right for your organization? This post lays out the pros and cons to consider.
New data from the Foundation shows what workers across the U.S. could expect for vacation and PTO benefits.
Wondering about the different types of fiduciaries? This post has got you covered.
Want to take an even deeper dive into the year’s top stories? Here are ten more popular Word on Benefits posts:
- 5 Hygge Tips for Workplace Happiness
- Suits to Sneaks: Change in Workplace Dress Codes
- Top 7 Questions Employers Are Asking About the Flu at Work
- A Deep Dive Into Student Loan Repayment Assistance Benefits
- 5 Innovative Vacation Benefits for Your Organization
- 25 Reasons to Earn Your CEBS—Straight From Your Peers
- Vaping in the Workplace: Do You Have a Policy?
- Top 5 Ways Employers Are Controlling Health Care Costs
- 17 Ways Employers Are Combating Prescription Drug Costs
- Keeping Compliant With DOL Regulations for Trustee Expenses
Communications Manager at the International Foundation