Not sure how to celebrate every benefit professional’s favorite day? We’ve got you covered!
The Top 10 Ways to Celebrate National Employee Benefits Day
- Take a selfie with your favorite benefit form (let’s hear it for Form 5500!) and post to Twitter using #NEBD.
- Create sock puppets immortalizing personnel from key enforcement agencies.
- Read a guilty pleasure: 50 Shades of Grey: ACA Interpretation.
- Acknowledge Throwback Thursday by kicking off your next team meeting with, “Sorry to hear about that fungal infection, Nancy. That sounds nasty!” #TBT (before HIPAA)
- Reach the younger participants by having your teenagers “translate” your next benefit communication: “OMG, the HC plan is totes magotes.”
- Things not working out with a vendor? Have Taylor Swift write you a break-up song.
- Give back to your community by reading section Section 510 of ERISA at the next open mic event. After the stunned silence, smile and say, “You’re welcome.”
- Bring a Matthew McConaughey vibe to work and say to no one in particular, in a slow Texan drawl, “I’ve been working in benefits since before benefits were cool. I don’t do it to make a statement. I just like it.”
- Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious
if you say it loud enough, you’ll always sound precocious:
- Put a bumper sticker that says “401.k” on your car so everyone knows you run your DC plan.