Summertime. Typically a little quieter at work as vacations commence and a lot quieter in Washington, D.C. Not so much this summer. There is plenty to talk about in this month’s Talking Benefits Podcast. Chill out with a new episode, packed full as station wagon ready for a family road trip.
This month’s show—Episode 7: Hot News in the Summertime
(Recorded July 11, 2017, 2:30 p.m. CST)
Grab a tall glass of iced tea and tune in to this month’s episode. Julie, Kelli, Justin and a special guest heat things up with a discussion on these benefits issues:
- Justin’s “two-minute” update
- Healthy California Act—Single payer bill
- State-sponsored retirement savings programs
- Conflict of Interest Rule
- Paid sick leave
- Better Care Reconciliation Act (BCRA) comparison to ACA and AHCA
- Future of ACA survey findings—What employers support and oppose
- Update on the health insurance industry and ACA
- New legal case on same-sex spousal benefit coverage
- Executive order to expand apprenticeship programs
- True Story— Our special guest talks about how coordination of benefits can get tricky.
Podcast Newbie? It’s easy to start listening! Download a podcast app to your smartphone or tablet. We recommend the Apple podcast app (Apple products only) and Stitcher. Then, search “Talking Benefits” and click “Subscribe.” The app will automatically download new episodes as they come out. Want to listen on your computer? Search “Talking Benefits” in iTunes and subscribe, or check back every month for new episodes posted on our webpage.
Subscribe to Talking Benefits on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcast app, or watch for new episodes on the International Foundation website.
Ann Godsell, CEBS
Social Business Strategist at the International Foundation