Spring is in the air. Birds singing, temperatures rising, baseball season in full swing . . . and a whole new crop of benefits developments have been popping up.
International Foundation resident benefits gurus Julie, Kelli and Justin are back to talk about the latest benefits news in a new episode of Talking Benefits.
This month’s show—Episode 4: Benefits Curve Balls
(Recorded live on April 7, 2017; Length: 21:37)
In this episode, we provide a play-by-play on all the action in the benefits industry:
- Updates on Department and Supreme Court nominations, paid sick leave, MPRA and the fiduciary rule
- American Health Care Act—What went wrong? What’s next?
- Health insurance exchanges—Status of insurer participation
- House v. Price—Case formerly known as House v. Burwell
- State-sponsored retirement programs—How they work, lineup of states offering
- Opioids—What employers can do to fight the epidemic.
Resources mentioned in this episode
Trump’s 100-Day Look Back: Labor and Employment Law Update
Benefits Transition Tracker
Opioid Abuse Posts on Word on Benefits
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Benefits: 2016 Survey Results
New to podcasts? Don’t worry—It’s easy to start listening! Download a podcast app to your smartphone or tablet. We recommend the Apple podcast app (Apple products only) and Stitcher. Then, search “Talking Benefits” and click “Subscribe.” The app will automatically download new episodes as they come out. Want to listen on your computer? Search “Talking Benefits” in iTunes and subscribe, or check back every month for new episodes posted on our webpage.
Subscribe to Talking Benefits on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcast app, or watch for new episodes on the International Foundation website.
Ann Godsell, CEBS
Social Business Strategist at the International Foundation